Do This Because
The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
What To Expect
Enjoy an exciting shore excursion to visit Genoa “The Superb” one of the most important cities in Italy. This maritime metropolis has a glorious history and ancient traditions tied to the sea. Today Genoa boasts the beautiful regional park Beigua, and the famous Aquarium built on the old port, which you could tour today on your shore excursion
Enjoy an exciting shore excursion to visit Genoa “The Superb” one of the most important cities in Italy. This maritime metropolis has a glorious history and ancient traditions tied to the sea. Today Genoa boasts the beautiful regional park Beigua, and the famous Aquarium built on the old port, which you could tour today on your shore excursion. One of the symbols of the city is the Torre della Lanterna, the lighthouse at the old port that is visible from miles away, from the 15th century, built on the site of an earlier tower. A small museum in located at the Lantern.
Architecture from various periods can be seen in the oldest part of the Genoa. A labyrinth of tiny alleys, called “caruggi” and characteristic squares crisscross the medieval area where numerous baroque buildings have also sprung up during the centuries. Remains of the old city wall are visible on your tour near the medieval Cathedral of San Lorenzo from the 12th century which is worth a visit while you are in Genoa. While on your shore excursion here in Genoa, you should have a walk along the old “Strade Nuove” or Via Garibaldi to see the prestigious buildings built along this street.
Have your driver bring you to tour the Boccadasse area of Genoa while you are on your shore excursion. This is the old fishing village of Genoa on a small bay with stupendous views. There is a lovely little church here dedicated to Saint Anthony from the 18th century. Stroll along the elegant Lido d’Albara and taste the delicious ice cream on sale here.
When you are finished you tour, your driver will bring you back to your ship in the Portofino Port.
- Prices below are per party (not per person), vary depending on your party size, and are valid with pick up/drop off at your ship in Portofino Port
For parties of 9 or more people, or different port of call, please contact us
- Party of 1-2 people - Euro 590.00
- Party of 3-4 people - Euro 650.00
- Party of 5-6 people - Euro 700.00
- Party of 7-8 people - Euro 750.00
- Never miss the ship no worry refund/cancellation policy (read more)
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
Where And When
Your driver will be waiting for you on the pier where your ship will be docked, (or where you will be tendered) holding a sign with your name on it.
Suggested pick up time is 8:00am (or earlier to avoid most of the crowds, according to your ship schedule) but can be customized to suit your needs