Do This Because
- Get a taste of the world famous Tuscan wine country
- See Greve in Chianti one the most representative village of Chianti region
- Visit a typical Tuscan winery and taste different wines, olive oil and other specialties
- take a picture of the marvellous landscape with its rolling hills, vineyards and olive groves
- Private is just for you!! Maximum flexibility, comfort and privacy
What To Expect
Driving to the south direction you will see the crowded street of Florence transform into the rolling hills of the Tuscan wine country, lined with cypress trees, olive groves and vineyards. Stop at Greve in Chianti, one of the most important villages of the Chianti region, to get a taste or the real essence of the country lifestyle. Driving through the famous Tuscan wine road you will reach a winery where you will have the chance to understand why the Chianti wine is so famous all over the world. Your experience concludes with the ride back to your accommodation in Florence
With your luxury car and English-speaking driver we will journey to the beautiful countryside of the Chianti region following the “Wine Road” that winds between olive groves and vineyards. After a short ride we will reach the town of Greve in Chianti named after the river that runs through it.
Greve in Chianti is the birthplace of the famous Tuscan explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano, the man who discovered the New York Harbor and in fact has a bridge there named after him. There is a statue of Giovanni da Verrazzano here in the Piazza Matteotti, a gently sloping square which is the hub of life in Greve and where there is an outdoor market on Saturdays and other special days throughout the year. Around this square, under the graceful porticoes you will see many local shops and wine stores. The famous butcher shop Falorni is here and has been for 500 years! At Falorni’s you can taste samples of much of their local productions, including their delicious boar salami and prosciutto.
We can’t come to Greve in Chianti without tasting some of its wonderful local wines including the Chianti Classico. At “Le Cantine” you will be able to taste more than 100 different wines, olive oils, vin santo and grappa, many produced in the Chianti region.
Leaving Greve in Chianti, head to a Tuscan winery where all your curiosity about the wine making process and aging will be satisfied and after that sip and swirl genuine Chianti wine, olive oil etc.
Your experience will finish with a relaxing drive back to your accommodation in Florence
- Prices below are per party (not per person), vary depending on your party size, and are valid with pick up/drop off in Florence. For different pick up/drop off locations, large parties (9 or more people) or customized itineraries, please contact us
- Party of 1-2 people - Euro 250.00
- Party of 3-4 people - Euro 270.00
- Party of 5-6 people - Euro 300.00
- Party of 7-8 people - Euro 340.00
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Florence
- Licensed & experienced English speaking driver
- Transport with fully equipped Mercedes vehicle
- Visit to a Tuscan winery, with wine & olive oil tasting
- Bottled water and free wifi
- All taxes, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
What's Not Included
- Additional wine tastings (after the one included)
- Gratuities (optional and entirely at the client's discretion)
Where And When
Pick up/drop off point:
Your private driver will pick you up (drop you off) directly at your accommodation in Florence. Please specify the exact address during the booking procedure.
Suggested departure time:
9:00am or 2:00pm (14:00 in italian)
Things To Note
Language: English (other languages on request)
Private service: This service is just for your party (no other people in the vehicle)
Total driving time: approx. 2 hours
Total sightseeing time: approx. 2 hours
Activity level: very easy (wheelchair can be accommodated only if foldable)