Do This Because
- Fully equipped Mercedes Vehicle
- English speaking driver to lead you through the experience
- Private is just for you!! Maximum flexibility, comfort and privacy
What To Expect
You will love this private excursion to visit the lovely little hill town of Tivoli. Only a 45 minute car ride will bring you to visit this ancient town that was called “Tibur” by Virgil and boasts to be older than Rome
You will love this private excursion to visit the lovely little hill town of Tivoli. Only a 45 minute car ride will bring you to visit this ancient town that was called “Tibur” by Virgil and boasts to be older than Rome.
Here you will visit the magnificent Villa D’Este that was the villa built for the Cardinal Ippolito II D’Este, son of Alfonso I D’Este and Lucrezia Borgia and grandson of Pope Alexander VI. Cardinal Ippolito II D’Este, after the disappointment of a failed bid for the papacy, brought back to life here the splendor of the courts of Ferrara, Rome and Fontainebleau and revived the magnificence of Villa Adriana. Governor of Tivoli from 1550, he immediately nurtured the idea of realizing a garden in the hanging cliffs of the “Valle gaudente”, but it was only after 1560 that his architectural and iconographic program became clear—brainchild of the painter-architect-archeologist Pirro Ligorio and realized by court architect Alberto Galvani.
The spectacular gardens with its curious fountains - almost 400 of them - will amaze even the most worldly guest. This masterpiece of Italian Garden is included in the UNESCO world heritage list and has an impressive collection of nymphs, grottoes and fountains in the mannerist and baroque styles.
On the way up to Tivoli, time permitting, you can visit the ruins of Hadrian’s Villa. This is the largest villa ever belonging to a Roman emperor and covered an area of about 260 acres. Your driver can also make a short stop at the quarries of the Travertine marble once used by the Romans for building some of the most important monuments in Rome including the Colosseum.
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Rome
- Private licensed English speaking driver at your complete disposal for the day
- Transport with fully equipped Mercedes vehicle
- Bottled water and free wifi available on board
- All taxes, tolls and gasoline (no hidden costs)
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Gratuities (optional and entirely at the client's discretion)
Where And When
Your driver will pick you up directly at your accommodation; please let us know the exact address or Hotel name