Do This Because
- Fully equipped Mercedes Vehicle
- English speaking driver to lead you through the experience
- Private is just for you!! Maximum flexibility, comfort and privacy
What To Expect
Full day private trip to Rome from Naples or the Amalfi Coast
Departing from your accommodation we head north on the A1 highway to Rome. Once in Rome your driver will take you to Piazza Venezia, the main square. Start by exploring the Rome of the Emperors. Stops will be made at the Roman Forum, the Colosseum and the Mouth of Truth. Then take a panoramic drive past the Circus Maximus, the Palatine Hill and the Baths of Caracalla.
Stop for a visit at the Pantheon, the best conserved monument of Ancient Rome as well as the nearby Santa Maria Sopra Minerva housing Michelangelo's "Risen Christ," time permitting. You can stop for an optional lunch and enjoy traditional Italian cuisine. Continue with a 45 minute stroll through Baroque and Renaissance Rome: from piazza Navona through the narrow streets of Antiques Row to Campo Fiore and Piazza Farnese. See Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, Capitol Hill and Piazza del Popolo. Stroll through the narrow streets admiring statues, fountains and discovering curiosities.
Your tour continues with a drive to the Vatican City, the smallest state in the world. St. Peter's Basilica took well over 100 years to build and is the largest church in the world, resting on 800 pillars and littered with 44 alters. If you like you can visit the Vatican Museum where an exceptional collection of artwork from every era is on display. Over one thousand rooms and galleries contain thousands of amazing treasures collected by the Popes throughout the centuries. You will have time to only see a portion of the many beautiful pieces of work. Then, you can visit the Sistine Chapel, highlighted by Michelangelo's masterpieces and the impressive frescoes, including the "Last Judgment". Dominating the chapel is Michelangelo's ceiling painting of the "Creation of the World".
If you are particularly interested in art and architecture, the tour can be tailored to include masterpieces by Michelangelo or Raphael, Bernini or Caravaggio in various churches, time permitting.
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Naples or the Amalfi Coast
- Private licensed English speaking driver at your complete disposal for the day
- Transport with fully equipped Mercedes vehicle
- Bottled water and free wifi available on board
- All taxes, tolls and gasoline (no hidden costs)
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Gratuities (optional and entirely at the client's discretion)
Where And When
Your driver will pick you up directly at your accommodation; please let us know the exact address or Hotel name