Do This Because
- Fully equipped Mercedes Vehicle
- English speaking driver to lead you through the experience
- Private is just for you!! Maximum flexibility, comfort and privacy
What To Expect
Visit the splendid maritime city of Pisa where besides seeing the incredible Leaning Tower of Pisa, you will also get a glimpse of the rest of this beautiful city along the Arno river
Today your driver will pick you up directly at your accommodation for a visit to the splendid maritime city of Pisa where besides seeing the incredible Leaning Tower of Pisa, you will also get a glimpse of the rest of this beautiful city along the Arno river.
The remote origins of Pisa and its name are lost in myth and legend but it is certain that this city had Eneolithic settlements and the presence of the Etruscans between the 6th and 3rd centuries B.C. Pisa was later Romanized and became a colony of Rome during the time of Octavianus Augustus in the 1st century B.C. Meanwhile the population was growing along with the development of shipbuilding and trade, thanks also to its harbor.
The city expanded rapidly and soon Pisa was surrounded by a circle of walls. In 1062 the building of the Pisa cathedral was begun. The cathedral and baptistery, the tower of Pisa, and the Campo Santo or cemetery, together form one of the most beautiful and famous building groups in the world.
The “Piazza dei Miracoli” or “Campo dei Miracoli” makes a perfect showplace for these exquisite examples of Romanesque architecture. Today, the Leaning Tower of Pisa has become a symbol for the entire Italian Republic and after intense restoration has finally reopened to visitors. If you would like to experience the climb to the top and the “lean” in the tower as you go up, reservations must be made in advance and can be made on-line at http://boxoffice.opapisa.it/Torre/first.jsp
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Florence
- Private licensed English speaking driver at your complete disposal for the day
- Transport with fully equipped Mercedes vehicle
- Bottled water and free wifi available on board
- All taxes, tolls and gasoline (no hidden costs)
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Gratuities (optional and entirely at the client's discretion)
Where And When
Your driver will pick you up directly at your accommodation; please let us know the exact address or Hotel name